Friday 27 July 2012

The Sun Sets




It is funny how life pans out. When you have a plan, sometimes Spirit guides you in another direction....or maybe Spirit sees what you truly need and where you truly need to be in spite of where you think you should be or think you want to be, and consequently orchestrates things to direct your path.
The Sun has set on the cycle trip and it is effectively over. I have not received any rental from my tenant for the month of July and in spite of the lease agreement requiring 3 months notice for termination of lease, he has given just 12 days notice and is out at the end of the month without having found a replacement tenant. I was always on a tight budget, but this has now tipped the scales and it is impossible for me to continue financially.
I have rented out my house twice and twice have had the contract breached. The first time the tenants did not pay for 2 months and I returned to a dying dog! She survived! At least this time the dogs are in good shape, but again the tenant has breached the financial agreement. Interesting! Perhaps time to sell! It is such a pity that some people do not have the integrity to honor a lease agreement. I can understand people going through a hard time, but if you don’t have the cash borrow it from a friend, not from me!!!!
I will be starting the long bus ride back through Mexico to the States tomorrow, and then the Greyhound to Nashville from Brownsville. Fortunately, my return ticket to the UK has not yet expired so I will be able to avail of that without any extra expenditure - August 8th.


I am so grateful to Grayshott Spa again in Surrey, UK who have offered me work if I should need it, which I may avail of if I do not need to go back to Zimbabwe immediately. I have also been offered a teaching position in Mozambique, again should I need it, either from September or January next year. Thank you.
My dear friends Sharon and Mario are helping out on the ground in Harare trying to find new tenants asap to look after the house and most importantly the dogs. I am so grateful to you both and I am sorry that this has transpired - I know you are both so busy with work and home, and your own canine family. My heart felt thanks to you both. Sharon’s sister, Moira, who has the amazing skill of being able to ‘talk‘ to animals will have a chat to Lucy and Tango to see how they are feeling and what they would prefer. Hopefully they will be able to hold out for a few months with or without tenants, to enable me to get a few months work behind me in the UK to get some cash flow together, before heading out to Africa again, where I will most probably take up the teaching job in Mozambique.....and be able to have the dogs with me.
Unfortunately, air fares to Zimbabwe from the UK at the moment are horrendously priced due to the Olympics - everything leaving the UK is so expensive while the Games are on and just after, so hopefully I can wait until the end of August or better still the end of November and have some cash in my pocket when I land on the ground in Harare!
As to the house...well, will see what pans out - I will rent if possible for the immediate future and may consider selling if I don’t take up residence in Zim again for a while.
So as the Sun sets beautifully and one door closes with some truly amazing experiences and memories, another door(s) opens with the knowledge that the Sun will rise again as magnificent as it always is, to sustain and nourish the planet and work in tandem with Mother Earth to give all Her inhabitants LIFE and LOVE.
“With your mind’s eye, look in front of you and see the Sun.
See it shining and smiling on You.
Feel the warmth on your face and skin, and feel that warmth deep within.
And know that the Sun is always there....
In the darkness of night....and in the darkness of your life, the Sun is always there
Shining and smiling on you.
And if you keep your face always to the Sun, the shadows will fall behind.”


“Great Spirit
Father Sky and Mother Earth
Grand-Father Sun and Grand-Mother Moon
Plant and Animal Spirits, my Brothers and Sisters
Ancestral Spirits of the places I have visited
Hummingbird, Spirit of the North
THANK YOU.”
HO!     

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the news. If you're in Austin for any amount of time I'd love to hear from you. It is good to hear that you have a plan and are able to make things happen for yourself. It was a great pleasure having you stay with us and I wish you the best. Hopefully our paths will cross again my friend. Keep being who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I ever replied to your comment - sorry if I didn't and lovely to hear from you. I guess it would be here if I did. I didn't pass through Austin on the way back to Nashville, but if I had it would have been great to see you again. How are the dogs? It is a small world - perhaps we will meet again. Take care of yourself. Many blessings, John

      Delete